Reminders to me that I don't need all the answers hug me every morning and call me 'Mommy'. All that's asked of me is obedience, faith like a child, loyalty. God wants my whole heart.
What was so easy as a little girl now seems so complicated and difficult. What happened inside me that brings me to doubt and hesitate.
I would stand on the kitchen counter and Daddy would say, "Jump!" Sometimes I would leap before he was ready for me. Now my Father leads me to the edge of myself and coaxes me to take one more step, only now I pause and the 'what ifs' whisper to me. The longer I take to move, the louder the rumble of fear becomes.
Jesus, teach me the sound of Your voice. I want to recognize You in the midst of the confusion and clutter that surrounds me.
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me." John 10:27
No comments:
Post a Comment