Friday, September 18, 2009

Return


I really don't want to ride this again. The daily quest for peace and paycheck. I've been here before. I didn't choose to return, but here I am, navigating through the fog of fear and dread.


I've camped out in Matthew for weeks.


"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." ~ Matthew 11:28-30.


First, because I was apprehensive to dive back into homeschooling. It's been a few years since I had to read every word of instruction to a young child. My sweet boy that loves to ride his bike and climb trees, not sit holding his pencil the correct way. Five weeks into this venture and I've watched God school us in the living room every morning. It is an amazing site. I am so grateful.


Now I wonder if the Spirit led me to these few words for this unfolding season of financial uncertainty and faith stretching.


His provision is unconventional. His love immeasurable. His pursuit of my heart unrelenting.


"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips will praise You." ~ Psalm 63.3



1 comment:

Tammy said...

This is one of my favorite Bible verses! I've been in a state of weariness myself...It's good to be reminded of His promises.