Friday, May 18, 2007

Good Morning!

Here's the highlights so far. . .

3:45 am - The only other times in my life I've been awake at this hour was to give birth to my middle-of-the-night baby, sick with the flu, and sharing kidney stones in the ER with Rob.

Why was it so easy to jump out of bed this morning when every other day I hit the snooze multiple times around 6 am?

6:00 am - We're racing to Park-N-Fly, get in their limo shuttle and Rob immediately strikes up a conversation with a stranger in the car with us about their F-250's and how big is your engine and what's the gas mileage like. I'm quickly reminded I'm traveling with Bob's son, who knows somebody everywhere you go.

EVERONE has black luggage - note to self: tie a bright ribbon on the handle next time, or buy a wild color suitcase!

Next, we hear our names over the loud speaker! How embarassing. Now I know how my kids feel when I can't find them in Wal-Mart and have them paged. I promise to never to that to you again. They're holding the plane for the partying Marrero's . We have to duck to enter the plane!!! It's a small American Eagle. When the stewardess learns we are heading to Barcelona, she warns us of pickpockets. :-( We had a great flight, cruising at 30,000 feet. Beautiful, cloudless day.

8:00am - Chicago, sunny and 40 degrees. Glad I wore a jacket. Found a McDonald's to get, possibly, my last Diet Coke with lots of ice. Ate my 'in the zone' egg mcmuffin.

Boarding now for San Juan. Gotta go! :-)

Ciao

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

bonjorno( i dont think i spelled that right.),
how exiting! two reasons #1 you encluded moi (thats "me" in french[im sure you alredy knew that]) in your blog! #2 wooooooooooooow!!!!! all those long 2 moths of planing and finnaly!(that was a frament[i think].) your liven the dream, mamma.
peace,love,me

Anonymous said...

Hello Sandy dear....

Well, the first time you call home - and I'm sleeping. How about that? I'm sure that gives you great confidence huh????
All is well here -- Sara and Susanna are being great helps. Sara and I just made chex mix. We are waiting for it to cook some so we can eat it. It smells really good!
Mille has smiled at me all day. That has definitely warmed my heart for sure. We are having a wonderful time. Dawson has watched Spiderman 167 times so far.

Love you --
We'll leave you lots of comments.

P.S. Casey had an ultrasound done today. She sent me the picture of my sweet grandbaby on my phone. She said it was moving and moving and moving around. Ha ha - just wait!! :-)

Love you big! Cookie :-)

Cookie said...

Well, Sara and I are still working on this blogging thing. Sorry about the last one - it obviously wasn't from little bit, it was from big bit.

We'll get there.

You are over the water right now. We are in your kitchen.

Cookie said...

Saturday a.m.
Good morning dears...All is well here. Just a quick update. Mille is eating breakfast right here beside me. Everyone slept well.

We had a good night - wanted to remember to tell you that Dawson ate several bites of meat, carrots and potatoes at supper (only under the threat of NO cookie at Publix). Everytime he got a bit in, we all did the touchdown sign and cheered (including Mille). It was great.

And Henry Thomas called and asked me if I could watch several of his children this weekend....I said, "Bring 'em on!" He gave me his cell number in case I needed anything. Only cream, Henry, only cream. :-)

Love you - I'll keep you updated of our goings on here. Enjoy every moment!!