We are sitting on a cozy couch in the corner of the Connoisseur Club. Our day was unbelievable, again. I can’t believe tomorrow could be any better, but it probably will.
We began our day at 11am; you know those late nights and light-blocking draperies in a hotel. I can’t tell you how great it was to sleep until we woke up, no alarm clock for us this week. J On the elevator down to the lobby another older couple rode with us. He pointed to ask Rob which floor and Rob replied, “Dos”. The gentleman asked if we were Spanish, and we replied no. It was pretty funny at the time considering all the Spanish men we’ve seen so far are shorter than me. Rob has been the tallest person everywhere. And I haven’t seen anyone under the age of 80 with white hair, except my Spanish Roberto. J
We check-out of our room, sat in the hotel lobby and posted to you, then began walking around in a new direction of Barcelona – WITHOUT A MAP!!! I’m typing to you now, so obviously we found our way around. (Please don’t worry, momma) We discovered beautiful, interesting things. We rounded a corner and found a remaining part of the Roman Wall and defense tower built in the 4th century. We also found quaint pastry shops in alleyways, heard church bells chime every thirty minutes, and a Cathedral designed by Gaudi. We shopped a little for our sweet bambinos at home (you’re gonna love it guys!).
Lunch was at a sidewalk cafe serving French bakery goods. Then Rob hailed a cab and we left Barcelona for the docks. Check-in at the dock was easy and we boarded the ship around 3:30pm. Our cabin is huge compared to our cruise ten years ago. We have our own little balcony. We walked out on it and looked out at the Mediterranean Sea. I can not believe I’m really here. The water is a blue like I’ve never seen. Rob and I disagreed about the color. He says it’s the same as home, but it’s not. It’s the deep blue of my sapphire ring, even though that’s still not a just description.
We had the obligatory life boat drill and met people from Michigan. Then we explored the ship. There’s a 18 hole putt-putt course, rock climbing wall (Sara, you would scale it easily), ice skating rink, basketball court, a pool that goes on for days, a Shopping Promenade. Everywhere we turn there’s live music, Celtic, Jazz, Disco, you name it, and we’ve heard it.
Our dinner seating was at 7pm. We are at a table for six. One couple is from Ohio and they’re here celebrating the beginning of their empty nest years and their 28th anniversary. The other couple is from New York State and they are on their honeymoon. Of course the dinner was fabulous. You know every time you take a drink of water, they top off your glass.
I hope my pictures from today post with this entry. Tomorrow we are exploring Nice, Villefranche, and St. Paul-De-Vence, France, a medieval fort built around 1100 AD. Tomorrow we walk on cobblestone streets twice as old as our country. We leave the boat and tender to shore at noon. The ship offers a beginner French lesson in the morning, but without an alarm clock I don’t know if I’ll make it.
Today we see how God’s bigness transcends our everyday world. He is so much bigger than our day in and day out experiences. We are enjoying the fruit of His redemption and restoration and He delights in our awe of Him and His creation.
“Come and see what God has done: He is awesome in His deeds toward the children of man.” - Psalm 66:4
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
test
I'm not worried because I know Who takes care of you. It is exciting to read of your adventures and to sense the wonder of God all around you. Soak Him in, bask in Him, enjoy the reward of your and Rob's faithfulness.
Sounds like this won't be your last trip:) So thankful you and Rob are enjoying yourselves! All is well on the home front!!
shoot!!!!!! the stupid computer just eraesd all i had!!!!!!!!! i hate this computer!!!!!! now that i have my anger out i will talk. today we will go to the zoo. after that me and leland will see shrek 3. yesterday he and sus saw spider man 3. and we now own spider man 2. and the every day suprizes are a big hit.
peace,love,your favorite daughter.
Sandy,
Wow!I am loving travelling with you via your blog. You are so wonderfully descriptive!! I saw the kids at church with Cookie yesterday. I am sure Cookie will tell you all about walking around the student center in complete silence. Another Lloyd wacky but cool visual aid! Mille and Dawson both looked great. You are loved!!!
Sunny
Post a Comment