Monday, May 14, 2007

Going Home

Donna Louise Dewey Marrero went Home this evening at 6:30. We dream of her new body, no longer disappointing her. He smile at the thought of her reunion with Robert Lafayette, her adoring husband whom she's missed for the past 6 years. We are sure she is worshipping and praising her Lord in song and dance this very minute. And we long for the day when we will be with her again, never to say goodbye again. We have a glorious hope, and that sustains us in this time of grief.

Her family desires to honor her well during a service later this month. We will not travel to Florida tomorrow, but we'll continue preparing for our trip to Italy. There's obviously a different mood surrounding the plans now. What was giddy and uncontainable a few days ago is now more precious and valuable. I want to live every day left in this life with no regrets, no hesitations. I'm tired of worrying about tomorrow, it can't add any days to my life, right? I want to leave the laundry and play in the sandbox with Mille or jump on the trampoline with Dawson and not care what my neighbors think. I want to hold Sara in my lap until she's just too big. I want to laugh with Susanna until tears run down our faces. I want to listen to all Leland's thoughts and dreams and then cheer him on. I want to sit on my deck under the stars and just hold Rob's hand. I don't want to complain anymore when he kisses me before he shaves. I want to grow very old with him.

I didn't think this blog would take us to sadness and loss, but I invited you to be a fly on the wall of our family life and this is where God has us today.

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." - Matthew 5:4

3 comments:

Momo said...

Sweet Sandy - what a wonderful tribute to a mother-in-law! She blessed you and you in return blessed her. Someday you will be a mother-in-law and will pass on what Donna passed on to you. How awesome it is when God is the center of families. I am so thankful that He abides in yours.

Lisa*loo said...

So sad for your loss- even when you know it is coming, it is still so very hard. I can't remember where I read recently in scripture-some obscure place-- a sentence that struck me.....something along the lines of someone who died and there was a one sentence eulogy that followed..."...and no one mourned" This wasn't any well known Bible villian-just a nameless man who lived his life in a way that didn't make anyone miss him. And it does happen. I remember thinking, wow- now THAT is sad. "Nana" sounds like the polar opposite of that selfish man who wasn't mourned-- a selfless woman who is DEEPLY missed and mourned. Speaks so much of how she must have lived her life. What a blessing to your whole family to have her example- I'm blessed (and challenged) just by the things you've written about her! We will be praying for your family.

swimmingfanatic said...

hey mom